The Sea around Elounda Island Villas
Where to swim
Just in front of the Elounda Island Villas there is a small sandy beach, ideal for elderly residents and family with small children.
One of the two cart tracks next to Elounda Island Villas leads to one of the most beautiful bays in the area, Kolokytha, which can be reached by foot, car and boat.
Kolokytha has a small sandy beach and a wide and shallow sandy bay with gorgeously translucent turquoise water. On the way to Kolokytha are numerous rocky inlets and coves, with equally enticing water for swimming, and especially for snorkeling as the marine life is rich and colorful.
A ten minute walk round the head of the bay and over the little stone bridge across the miniature canal which pierces the causeway, brings you to one of Elounda’s two sand and shingle beaches, where sunbeds are available for hire.
Another 8 minutes walk will bring you to the main square of Elounda, with the well-organized municipal sandy beach.
Explore the surrounding area on foot
If you are staying in Elounda Island Villas, you have the advantage to explore a lot on foot. Because of its location on the peninsula, a few short and long walks are just outside your doorstep. It is a good opportunity to leave the traffic of the city behind for a while and breath in the therapeutic powers of nature.
If you would like someone to show you around, there is a well equiped and skilled goup that organises walks and hiking tours around the area. The guide picks you up from Elounda Island Villas.
Sweat it out
Elounda Island Villas provides private tennis lessons to adults and groups of children.
Tennis is one of the most popular individual sports in the world and an ideal training for body, mind and reflexes.
A skillful and well experienced trainer can be reserved anytime during your stay!
EIV can provide you with a pair of rackets, but if you have your own we would appreciate it if you could bring them with you.
Enjoy a massage treatment in your room!
High quality treatments, equal to those in luxury hotel’s spa, but with a reasonable price!
Choose between a range of excellent quality treatments for body and face:
Shiatsu – Balinese – Thai – Indian
Therapies that gives well-being, energy, relieves from pain and gives clarity of mind.
Aromatherapy – Rakotherapy (traditional massage with raki and olive-oil).
Strong-Deep massage for muscles relaxation.
Cleansing the body of toxins.
Traditional therapy based on carob-honey, carob and sugar. Ideal for tightening, clean skin and promoting weight loss.
Therapies with herbs and natural ingredients who gives deep action cleanser, hydration and velvety sense.
Elounda Island Villas offers a vantage point from which to explore the sights below:
• Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken city Olous, still remaining in the sea, 200m away from the Villas!
• A peaceful walk to the Byzantine mosaic, the old windmills, the bridge and the protected lake (the old salt mines)
• Swim in the crystal, clear waters of Kolokytha beach (1200m away from the Villas).
• A full of fun visit by boat to the Spinalonga Island with the Venetian Fortress and the old Leper Colony.
• A coffee or a drink by the sea-lake in the town of Aghios Nikolaos.
• A visit to the ‘real Crete’, the traditional Cretan villages of the area (Kritsa, Limnes, Neapoli, Vryses, Vrouchas, Pines, Fourni etc)
• A drive to Lassithi Plateau with Diktaion Cave (where Zeus was born)
• A visit to the monasteries of Areti and Toplou
• A visit to the archaeological museum of Heraklion, Aghios Nikolaos and Neapoli
• A drive to the archaeological sites of Knossos, Festos, Zaros, Zakros, Malia and Gournia
• Also, one can have a day trip to Vai Palm Forest or have fun at the 18-hole Golf Course of Hersonisos and the water park ‘Aqua Spalsh’